seen 1834

The Museum was opened in 1991 to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the birth of Bogenbay Batyr , one of the largest Kazakh military leaders of the XVIII century, the famous commander of the Abylai Khan era. In 1999, it was decided to assign the name of Bogenbay Batyr to the local history Museum.

In 1999, The first President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, became an honorary guest of the Museum. The book with the gift inscription of Elbasy and the gift are presented in the Museum’s exposition.

In 2005, the Museum building was renovated and a new exhibition was built in four halls: the hall of the district’s history, paleontology, archeology and nature of the region.

The exhibition hall houses exhibitions of local artists and folk artists.

The Museum maintains close ties with public organizations and educational institutions of the yerementau district. For many years, the Museum staff has been conducting joint research work with the famous archaeologist Ayman Dosymbayeva. In the framework of the program “Rouhani Jangyru” in the Museum the Museum implemented a research project “on the trails of Bogenbai Batyr”. Every year, research, tourist and collecting expeditions are conducted to the historical and archaeological sites of the Yereimentau district.

You may be interested in